Write a 1,750- to 2,000-word budgetary analysis that considers the following issue:
- Medicaid is an entitlement program based on specific criteria and income levels, which means it is a mandatory program that must be provided in each of the states. Traditionally, both the states and the federal government together pay for the program. In times when the U.S. economy suffers challenges, such as high rates of unemployment or when a major crisis like Hurricane Katrina occurs, more individuals and families become eligible for Medicaid. This forces states to make difficult budgetary decisions, like shifting dollars from programs that are not mandatory, such as K–12 school funding, into Medicaid Match dollars.
Answer the following questions in your analysis:
- What process do budgetary policies follow? What legislative committee is assigned to each part?
- How do budgetary changes affect the community?
- Which would you recommend be prioritized: a deficit and cuts, or a surplus and additional funding?
- What is the political climate of your state? How does this drive the agenda? How does this differ from developing legislation?
Cite at least five references.
Format your analysis consistent with APA guidelines.
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted…..