- After watching the videos below and reading about the Balanced Scorecard in Chapter 12, compare and contrast the Balanced Scorecard to one of the IT frameworks below (COBIT, ITIL, TOGAF, CMMI-Dev). Describe the context in which the Balanced Scorecard and the IT framework would be used. The paper should 3-4 pages in APA format, not counting the title and reference pages. Make sure you include in-text citations. Your paper should cite at least 3 peer-reviewed articles on IT governance frameworks. The rubric for this assignment can be viewed when clicking on the assignment link.Use the resources below to help you with this week’s assignment.Read the following chapters in the textbook:
- Chapter 12 – “IT Strategy and Balanced Scorecard” Chapter 12 – IT Strategy and Balanced Scorecard.pptx explains how the Balanced Scorecard can be used in IT strategies.
- Video: The Balanced Scorecard explains the Balanced Scorecard.
- Video: Communicating Strategy with the Balanced Scorecard explains the relationship between strategy and the Balanced Scorecard.
- Video: Introduction to COBIT 5 introduces the COBIT 5 framework for management of enterprise IT.
- Video: ITIL Fundamentals describes the ITIL framework for IT service management.
- Video: What is TOGAF? introduces a framework for developing and managing systems architectures.
- Video: CMMI Levels Introduction is an introduction to the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) for systems development.
The following are examples of frameworks related to IT governance. You do not need to read the entire the framework–Use the PDFs below for background material for your research. The PDFs below can be referenced in your paper, but do not count as one of the peer-reviewed articles.
- COBIT 5 Framework – This PDF describes the COBIT 5 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies) framework for management of enterprise IT.
- ITIL V3 – This PDF describes version 3 of the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework for IT service management.
- TOGAF 9.1 – This PDF introduces The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAP) for systems architecture.