Unit 4 Discussion part 1
In your Learning Activity, you examined the Job Order Costing System from Chapter 20. Now you will look at the differences between Job Order Cost Systems and Process Cost Systems (Chapter 21).
- Explain the differences between a Job Order Cost System and a Process Cost System in your own words. Remember to use critical thinking (beyond the obvious) in your response.
Unit 4 Discussion part 2
Assume that you manage the manufacturing operations for the custom order division of a company that makes fine jewelry. The company’s raw materials consist mainly of gold (10 karat and 14 karat) precious stones, and semiprecious stones.
Describe what manufacturing information would be important to track. Please make sure to report the accounting documents used to gather and report this information.
Unit 5 Discussion
Go to problem P22-3A here. See “Do it” example for information on break even analysis (also found in the Digital Book under Course home on page 1026).
- Compute the breakeven point for fiscal year 2012
- Compute the breakeven point for each alternative course of action.
- What course of action do you recommend and why?
Unit 6 Discussion
In your everyday life, budgeting is a best practice in order to keep living expenses and savings within your financial means. In many instances, personal budgeting is as important as budgets prepared by companies. Why? Remember that companies exist because people buy their products.
In this Discussion, you will calculate a personal budget and then relate personal budgeting to management budgeting at companies.
In preparation for your Discussion posting, go to the Kaplan Library and research “personal budgets.” Find at least one article on personal budgeting. Include information from the article in your posting reply. You must also include a citation and reference in APA style.
Please respond to the Discussion Checklist using the information from the personal budget you calculate using the criteria provided in the Personal Budget Criteria document here. Take time to review your classmates’ responses and to provide your feedback.
- What surprised you, if anything, in the budget(s) that you prepared?
- What process did you use in making your personal budget?
- What changes, if any, would you make in the personal activities that are under your control, based on the budget(s) that you prepared?