1. Discuss your opinion regarding whether unions are still relevant and necessary in today’s work environment. What other means might be used to ensure ‘‘employee voice’’ in the workplace?
2. A thin line differentiates employee grievances and employee complaints. Compare and constrast the difference.
3. Do you believe that labor unions should use the benefits of labor arbitration as part of the union’s strategy to recruit new members? Give your reasons.
4. List the main factors that may help to explain the wage differential between three jobs in an organization with which you are familiar.
5. How have the major labor relations laws helped or hindered the development of unions?