Unit 2 – Discussion Board
Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Key performance indicators (KPIs) are used by organizations to evaluate the extent to which tactical goals for specified business activities have been met.
Research and discuss the various software tools that are used to measure KPIs. Using your research, answer the following questions:
- What are some recommended specific software tools that are used to measure KPIs?
- What is your rationale behind those recommendations?
- Are there specific software tools that you would recommend based on the type of business?
- In what way would your case study business specifically use KPIs to evaluate the extent to which tactical goals have been met?
Unit 2 – Individual Project
The organization is very eager to start the integrated marketing process, but it is unsure of how to determine what to spend on the different areas of the marketing project. Specifically, the organization wants to make effective marketing decisions, but it needs to know what performance outcomes will allow them to make a profit.
In addition to the e-Business Plan template under the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Process Plan section heading, add a Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Process Planof 4–5 pages that includes the following for the case study organization:
- Create a KPI-driven business process plan worksheet.
- Describe each tactical business goal (specific to customers, leads, and sales).
- Define the target KPI concepts (at least 10, including project rate of return [PRR] and the break-even point [BEP]).
- Create a brief explanation of each KPI, and describe how it will be used to quantitatively measure the achievement of defined tactical business goals.
- Write a formula for each KPI calculation method (define and clearly show how the KPI is derived).
- All sources should be cited both in the text and in the references using APA format.
- Name the document “yourname_DMKT305_IP2.doc.”