Ethics and Social Responsibility
- What is the relationship between ethics and the law?
- What are the four main approaches toward social responsibility that a company can take?
- Describe four rules that can help companies and their managers act in ethical ways.
- Discuss why it is important for managers to behave ethically.
- Why do the claims and interests of stakeholders sometimes conflict?
- Why should managers use ethical criteria to guide their decision making?
- How can managers encourage and promote entrepreneurship to create a learning organization?
- How does organizational learning and creativity play in helping managers to improve their decisions?
- Why is it that an organization’s values and norms can become too strong and lead to unethical behavior?
- What steps can a company take to prevent this problem—to stop its values and norms from becoming so inwardly focused that managers and employees lose sight of their responsibility to their stakeholders?
- Why be socially responsible?