6022 assessment 6
- Create a complete, cohesive 8–10-page operations improvement plan for Toyota.
Note: You must complete Assessments 1–5 before you can begin this assessment.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Develop innovative and sustainable solutions to strategic and global operations management challenges.
- Develop an innovative and sustainable solution to a strategic and global operations management challenge.
- Competency 2: Apply theories, models, and practices of global operations management to address business problems.
- Apply theories and models of global operations management to improve a specific process.
- Support a proposed operations improvement plan with relevant data and measurements.
- Competency 3: Integrate operations management analyses into general business management planning and decision making
- Create an integrated, complete operations improvement plan.
- Integrate process improvements into broader business goals, values, and priorities.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the business professions.
Check Your ProgressUse this online tool to track your performance and progress through your course.
Assessing the cost and benefits of any process is just as important as correctly identifying and resolving issues. A successful process is difficult to sell if the appropriate cost and benefits are not clear to all stakeholders. Often, these consist of qualitative and quantitative factors, which should be included in the process improvement plan. The objective of process improvements may be to improve the cost, quality, capacity, inventory, or timeliness of the output. It may also be to make the process more flexible, allowing entirely new outputs to be made (Gray & Leonard, 2009).
Questions to Consider
To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of the business community.
Based on what you have learned through your research and assessment work in this course, as well as your own prior experience:
- Consider the applications of operations improvement for international operations. How do these differ from domestic applications?
- How might operations improvement processes differ between the service and manufacturing sectors, both internationally and domestically?
The resources provided here are optional and support the assessment. You may use other resources of your choice to prepare for this assessment; However, you will need to ensure that they are appropriate, credible, and valid. They provide helpful information about the topics in this unit. The MBA-FP6022 – Strategic Operations Management Library Guide can help direct your research. The Supplemental Resources and Research Resources, both linked from the left navigation menu in your courseroom, provide additional resources to help support you.
The following resource presents the differences in research methods.
The following resource presents the differences between Qualitative and Quantitative research methods.
The following resource presents scenarios for selecting the appropriate questionnaire.